Sunday, March 9, 2014

Emily Levis

Section/Position: Alto Saxophone

Major: Math Education

Hometown: Middletown, CT

Favorite Candy: Sour Patch Kids

Fun Fact: I painted a Uconn Marching Band wall mural inside my former band directors office.


Please write a quote about your UConn and/or UCMB experience.


A friend of mine who was my former high school band director had been a member of the Uconn Marching Band for 5 years. She was such an inspiration to me in many ways, and thus inspired me to join the marching band. I started in Uconn’s West Hartford campus my first semester of freshman year, so I was unable to join as a freshman, but did join pep band to become involved as soon as I came to Storrs. Even in the two years I have spent as a member of the marching band, the saxophone section has become the group of friends I spend most of my time with in various activities. Being a part of all this has really enhanced my college experience, and I wouldn’t change it for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment